While I do love the odd trip to Mac and a good old peruse of the high end makeup in the Debenhams blue cross sale, I have a great appreciation for drugstore makeup. The majority of my vast collection of makeup is purchased from the drugstore, and though I have a selection of things that are less favourable, I have a considerable amount of affordable makeup that I just couldn’t do without. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with your makeup – repurchasing the same products over and over again, it feels safe and comfortable. It can also seem a little daunting when looking for new products as there are so many options. So, in light of this, I have decided to compile a list of my top, all time favourite makeup products from the drugstore! Now, the list turned out to be rather lengthy, so I decided to split it up into different types of product, and this week is…face! So, if maybe you’re looking to try out a new foundation, powder, concealer or blusher, then look no further! Hope this helps 🙂
My favourite affordable face products…
- Maybelline Baby Skin Primer – Finding a good face primer at the drugstore can be a little challenging, as there is not a lot on offer. However, Maybelline recently came out with the Baby Skin Pore Eraser (which is said to be a dupe of the well-know Benefit Porefessional) and does a very good job at blurring imperfections. This is great for oily skin or skin that has open pores or acne scarring. Also, within the last few weeks Maybelline have released an anti-fatigue version, which is a cream based, light-weight product, rather than the gel formula of the original Pore Eraser.
- Garnier BB Cream (oily to combination skin version) – This is what I use as my everyday foundation. It provides excellent coverage and stays put all day, without drying your skin out. Now, I wouldn’t ever describe my skin as oily or combination, however the formula of this version seems to be significantly better than the original formula. Definitely worth a try if you like a good bit of coverage, without going for a full on cake face!
- Max Factor 3 in 1 Facefinity Foundation- This is my favourite ‘night out’ foundation. Flawless, long-lasting coverage, while still looking natural. The shades don’t run too orange or pink either, so you get a good neutral base.
- Maybelline Super Stay Foundation – When I originally tried a tester of this on my hand, I wasn’t sure if I liked this product. The colour seemed slightly off and I couldn’t find an exact shade match. However, on the face this problem totally disappeared. This product has the same qualities as the Max Factor 3 in 1, and comes in at a close second!
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – This concealer is amazing! Having tried Mac Prolongwear and numerous other concealers, I still always come back to this one. It gives really good coverage for both blemishes and under the eye, it has a nice texture and it’s super cheap!
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder – This is a great, affordable powder, which is excellent at setting foundation. If you have oily or combination skin then this is great, as it stops makeup from sliding off oily areas and controls shine. I use this when I want my makeup to last an extra-long amount of time!
- Sleek Blushes – LOVE. If you need a pigmented, long lasting blush with an amazing range of shades, then Sleek is the brand for you! They have great single blushes and ‘Blush by 3’ palettes in all sorts of colours, and their ‘Rose Gold’ blush is a brilliant dupe for the famous Nars Orgasm blush!
Next time… Eye Products!